The impact of the European instruments, like the EQF and ECVET push the training organization over the Europe to redesign their operational training environment so as to meet this new dimension and training requirements. But the easier and most usual approach for dealing with this change seems to be just dividing the former long training courses into more basic and shorter training activities, and then clustered for form a training path. It’s as we can cut the entire training course curriculum, learning resources and duration time into small parts; actually the way how the majority of the training organization has been replying to the demands.
To attain a more adequate and comprehensive solution, even in much conventional training environment, the partnership selected, for this project, a complex workshop training context, composed of practical activities; where there are different learning levels and their training would be in simultaneous; therefore it would be more demanding, but also more profitable for the future use of the project. The CNC – Computer Numeric Control, in the metallurgy sector, is definitely the training area where the modularization and the consequent individualization has great expression, having in account the mentioned premises.
This project intents to rebuild the training environment with innovative layouts, to readapt the didactic resources, so that: the trainees could benefit from a more independent learning; to create navigation device along the training paths; to find new tools for registering and monitoring the trainees (individual) progress, in their different training stage; to prepare the trainers for new postures, necessary in this multi-learning environment which requires much different and demanding attitudes in comparison with the classic one.
For developing pedagogic approaches and resources, and for adapting new pedagogical attitudes connected to this complex training environment, we count with the partnership composed of 4 VET Entities, they share the same technical and pedagogical competences required for the aims of this project, and the same expectations as expressed in the project.
Following the definition of the competences units to be implemented in the pilot action, there will be an intensive phase, in which the Partners would develop:
- Conventional and non-conventional didactic and evaluation resources, and tools for supporting one (or more) autonomous learning;
- E-leaning platform, contents and other open education resources for developing / adapting the face-to-face learning and the distance learning; and other kind of tools for supporting the learning path based on a blended learning context context;
- Specific ICT tools for the management of the learners and the learning space, with multiple and complex training in workshop context.
- Guidebook for Teachers and Trainers – new pedagogical attitudes / behavior and qualification for complex training environment, for guiding the tutor in his role now much less centralized in the training process, but with different roles to be undertaking: instructor, facilitator, tutor, e-tutor, trainer, etc.;
- Redesigning of layouts – recommendations for the reconstruction of a new pattern of layout and its physical and technological item, adding concepts like “Learning Island” – like a hub space that contains all the necessary didactics resources for a certain learning level – and instructions and maps for the learning path of the trainees.
The following chart shows the interaction between the development factors of the Project, at chronological order.
The Partnership counts with the valuable collaboration of two National Education, Training and Professional Qualification Councils, from Portugal (a former Consortium partner) and Finland. Their intervention would be of special importance for the study and definition of the competences units according to the principles of ECVET; their capacity in the field of dissemination and influence on conception of training opportunities over the partners countries and in a broader European scope through their institutional network.As the project intends to deal with the resources which are directly involved in the organization and practical training, it offers immediate conditions for its implementation in the VET Partners institution and in the training domain which are selected for the pilot action – CNC. However, this project has also the objective of divulging this experience to other domains and organizations; for this purpose, it will be defined strategies, resources and results in a handbook and didactic kit, which should be divulged and available in the end of the project with other organizations. We have great expectations that it would be possible to influence the training policies and strategies and to increase the inclusion of innovative and more effective practices in this new learning paradigm, which is challenging and thrilling.